2/16/2005

Holy Gridlock



I don't think it's very fair that I have to wait in traffic because other people take God's name in vain. Personally, I don't, although this has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the fact that when I'm in traffic, I'm usually so angry that I am either saying worse things than "God damn" or "Jesus," or I have been rendered incapable of speech. I am glad, however, that God has taken it upon himself to rent out billboard space and let us all know the reason why our commutes are a daily hell on earth. Otherwise, everyone would have kept going about thinking that it was caused by an inadequate public transportation system, stoplight timing that is so off it actually makes things worse than they have to be, and that fact that there's just too many cars and not enough road. Oh, and also the fact that entire main streets are often closed off for special events like an L.L. Cool J. concert. I will never forgive Hollywood Boulevard for that. Ever.