1/28/2005

I'm Pretty Sure I'm Insulted

My bosses just got back from a long lunch. One of them walked into our room with a styrofoam box, placed it on the floor in the middle of the room, opened it, and left. Inside the box were his lunch leftovers. Thank you for your generous gift of a second-hand slice of pizza and ten potato wedges, Boss. You sure know how to boost team morale. I guess it was supposed to be a joke, but I think you have to know all of your employees' names before you can joke with them.

Sadly, this isn't the first time one of my bosses has wandered into our room and offered us leftovers. It also isn't the first time I haven't been paid on payday due to "technical glitches," so I was pretty happy to have something to eat for lunch, not being able to afford anything myself.