10/20/2009

Dear DirecTV

Dear DirecTV,

We've had a good time together, you and I. Remember when your technicians came and installed you in my new apartment on Superbowl Sunday so I could watch the Patriots lose their perfect season? And then how you were only $40 a month for the first year? And your DVR was so easy to use and the picture so clear -- so much better and cheaper than cable.

But now you're costing me $60 a month, and I just realized that the only channel I watch that I can't get with the $30 per month Family Package is Bravo. And I can watch their shows on Hulu and the Bravo site. Sure, I might have to wait an extra week before they put the episode up, but quite frankly Top Chef isn't very good this season so I don't mind.

But I did try, DirecTV. I called your customer service line and asked Andrew if he could give me a credit or something so I didn't have to find a way to justify spending $30 a month for Bravo. He offered me a monthly credit for $5. Now I have to find a way to justify spending $25 a month for Bravo. Or, really, for Top Chef. That's $300 a year. Um, that's a lot. That's like a hundred Starbucks. Starbucks > Top Chef. So I'll be going with the $30 a month Family Package. But it could be worse. At least I still subscribe to your service, unlike the rest of my poor friends who just get all of their TV from the internet because it's free and you're expensive.

Sincerely,
Sara

Labels: